Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Melodies from the cage.

So contrary to popular belief there are more members to this band. BUT, judging by the recent blog posts I can see why this fact might be a little hard to believe. (Hahaha, Matt, you talk alot! lol)

So this has been a crazy week, I finally got around to purchasing some new musical hardware for my drums. It broke the bank a lil bit but I am set now.... well for now. I picked up a cool thing I have never used before. It's called a Percussive rack system. Basically, it removes the clutter of cymbals stands, especially when you use plenty of cymbals and you mic your drums. It's gonna be sweet.

I also had a challenging week at work, stressful but good. I have had the opportunity to plant small seeds in couple of the youth and share with them about my faith. It is cool to see what God can do with people who don't think they can do much. I think back to the burning bush with Moses... anyways...

I have also been listening to a lot of music lately, and this wouldn't be a blog post by me if I didn't try and shove new music down your ear canals. OBSERVATION: I find music to be a lot like food. Sometimes you don't like things until you eat them a lot then it grows on you. Well, Jonsi is an artist that did just that for me. He's some Icelandic dude so sings really high... its kinda like orchestral and marching band music on crack. Sounds awful but its kinda cool.




I thought I would drop a line and Say hello, it's been awhile and I miss you all. I promise the future will provide times inwhich we'll reunite. We've got some big stuff comin' up that you won't want to miss. Like:

Feb. 5th, Mapleview church in Barrie. More details on Facebook.

And a Worship night at Heritage.... Date is TBA

Peace out.

Trev.

No comments:

Post a Comment