Tuesday, January 18, 2011

That's the bassist.


Is 2am too late to practice bass with headphones on? I didn't think it was, but when you're rooming with Levi denBok...

I had just finished reading a chapter of a book called 'Unceasing Worship' by Harold M. Best. This was for our thursday morning class 'Theology of Worship.' At this time i was also enjoying some peanut-butter(crunchy for all who need to know) right out of the jar, this was excellent by the way. I knew i didn't have to be up early the next morning so i decided i would plug in the bass, with headphones of course, at this point it was about 1:30 am, no biggie for a college student. I had just started to get into it...then i feel a tap on my shoulder, i turn around and see my roommate sitting up on his bed attempting to not look disgusted at my actions and at their time of occurrence (2am)...

At this point i actually did feel some remorse, but i have to pass some of the blame on to a few good friends, John Shin and Greg McKay, who interrupted us while we were ACTUALLY doing homework a few hours earlier. I had planned to practice bass earlier on in the night but that plan quickly changed. (these 2 dudes are pretty awesome, but the 4 of us together do not get too much work done lol)

So my bass practice was cut short, and the last words i heard that night were from our very own Levi denBok, 'that's my bassist.'

Matt. :)

P.S Vote for 'Hallelujah' for Toronto's JOY1250 New Canadian Countdown!!!
Here is the link :)
http://newcanadiancountdown.com/
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment