Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sitting back and contemplating...


Hey Guys,

So I was sitting back and thinking about many a things.... And I have to admit that last week I was feeling a little nervous about meeting with the boys this week and writing new stuff. I was afraid that we'd not be able to come up with anything new or interesting. Not that I think poorly of my other fellow bandmates... NOT AT ALL. I just know how musicians, especially those without the help of expensive producers tend to fall into the realm of repeats. I know that I am also known for having weird tastes in music but I just had strong thoughts and opinions that we needed to change our approach to writing music. After much discussion with the guys and contemplative thought we had resolved many of my worries. Blah blah blah... "What are you trying to get at?" you might be saying...

I am trying to say, that after our short 3 hour jam session, I can say that there are going to be good... no Great things coming from us in the coming days. We are working on at least 2 new songs and I have to say that they certainly are pushing the limits of our musical boundaries and forcing us to think outside the box. I am very excited about this new stuff and where God might be taking it. Trying new things and building upon what we're good at, also building off of influences we have and refusing to label ourselves this or that and letting our music "label" us.

Anyways, I hope this was enlightening for you guys and hopefully excites you to see what the future holds. Thank you for listening and thank you for your on-going support and prayers.

P.S. We got a show in Barrie on Feb. 5th... more details to follow, hope to see you there!

Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment